Monday, September 6, 2010

Hearty Home - a requested Maxis makeover

I received a request to rebuild Hearty Home about a week ago.  It came in the lot bin with the Seasons EP.  I had a lot of fun doing a makeover on it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although I did forget to add all the light fixtures I meant to, oops. I kept all the outside walls intact, but knocked out and rebuilt all the interior walls. I changed the windows, doors and decor, although I did stick with mostly Seasons stuff. I changed the roof and added a loft bedroom and bathroom that is weatherproof for Seasons. I expanded the porches and added a sun porch to the front of the house. I also added a deck to the back and a greenhouse. I knocked out the bathroom wall in the separate building and added on a bathroom, making it a bigger building which will be a nice home business, or could be used for something else. I kept the ponds as they are and changed the fencing and flooring on the bridge and added a little arch to it..

I did briefly playtest a copy of the lot, and didn't find any problems.

Photobucket

The original lot

Photobucket

My version


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Loft

Photobucket

Upstairs

Photobucket

Main floor

Lot Size: 3x5
Lot Price: §95,709

Lot features:
4 bedrooms
3 full baths, 2 half baths
home business space
greenhouse
deck
no cc

Additional credits:  Neveah223 for the roof tile with white trim which is not packed with the lot, but can be downloaded here.

Requires All EPs + Mansion & Garden 

Requirements note: I also have Family Fun and Celebration SP's, although those may not required, especially if you install the house with Sims2Pack Clean Installer.

Download Hearty Home (880.8 KB)

6 comments:

Nonikk said...

Would fit nicely into Riverblossom Hills! Definately more Seasons-oriented than the original.

Twoflower said...

Thank you so much, Nonikk! :)

Nikki said...

Really nice! It's nothing like I expected. I thought you'd have to demolish it and start from scratch to give it a good flow and curb appeal. I've wanted a country home for my sims for a while now. this is great. I almost had one with a house that came with the Riverblossom town, it was so cute on the outside. But once again, the game makers gave it a funny layout on the inside with not enough bedrooms. Thanks.

Twoflower said...

I'm glad you liked it, Nikki. I enjoyed remodeling it. Do you know which house in Riverblossom that you liked? Maybe I could tweak it a little without completely changing it. ;)

Nikki said...

It's 102 Firefly Pass. I chose Hearty Home for you before because I figured it would be easier to find. And it was kinda ugly and really needed some help :) You did a great job. I wish I could visualize how to do remodeling.

Twoflower said...

Thanks, Nikki! :) I'll see what I can do for 102 Firefly Pass.